5 books that I love the most and why

01:49 Mona Kapoor 0 Comments

Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramhansa Yogananda The Story of My Experiments With Truth, by Mahatma Gandhi The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho Essays, by Ralph Waldo Emerson Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand   Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramhansa Yogananda My father was an avid reader, and books were part of the environment I grew up in. As a kid, I loved getting books from my school library to read, which I would usually read within a day or two, and until the next library period when I could return the ones I had and get a couple of new ones, I would sometimes stealthily raid my father’s collection. He mostly read spiritual material, and this book was one of them. Once I reached an age when I could understand what was being said, I finished the book in one go. And then read it again. And again. And again. To this day. To me, this book showed a glimpse of what life could be experienced as if one were to devote it to self-realization. Written with wit and humour, this book will pull you into a magical world which isn’t fantasy, but real experiences of the spiritual Master Paramhansa Yogananda. It has the potential to kick-start your spiritual journey, if you’re so inclined, or just be a supremely entertaining and unusual story of the life of a man who is recognized as one of the greatest spiritual gurus India has been known for. For me, it has been a permanent part of my bookshelf for the last couple of decades wherever I have gone, and I still pick it up once in a while, after worldly pursuits have worn me down and I feel the need to reconnect myself with myself.   The Story of My Experiments With Truth, by Mahatma Gandhi During the time I grew up, and to ... http://www.shimply.com/articles/5-books-that-i-love-the-most-and-why/

from Articles http://www.shimply.com/articles/5-books-that-i-love-the-most-and-why/